Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Fresh 02: Dirty Disco Youth

For the second feature on up-and-coming acts, I present Dirty Disco Youth, a DJ who has declared, "I fuckin' can't and I fuckin' don't want to dance to minimal techno! Honestly speaking I don't even want to dance...I want to freak out!" To make good on his dancefloor ambitions, Dirty Disco Youth has a whole load of hot tracks on the decks for all eager listeners out there. Like many electronic music converts, Dirty Disco Youth started out playing classical instruments as a child, converting to synthetic sounds at the ripe age of 10. By 13, he was producing tracks, and as of 2006, the Dirty Disco Youth moniker was in full swing. With a round of increasingly hyped performances across Europe throughout 2007, along with some great press attention and numerous American radio sets, 2008 is set to be the year of Dirty Disco Youth. First on the decks are three hot new tracks, including an original song and two rave-ready remixes for Outlander and New Young Pony Club. Look out for upcoming releases and imminent North American gigs on Dirty Disco Youth's myspace page.

Dirty Disco Youth, "The Kids Want MAXIMAL" [zShare]
Outlander, "VAMP" (Dirty Disco Youth's Rave-Work) [zShare]
New Young Pony Club, "The Bomb" (Dirty Disco Youth's Maximal Bomb Remix) [zShare]

FRESH UPDATE: Spitzer, the band featured in the first Fresh post, have just been confirmed as one of the remixers of Kylie Minogue's forthcoming Europe-only single "In My Arms." Previously just a rumor, the remix will now be included on the 12" picture disc release. Keep an eye on this page for the remix as soon as it becomes available.

***Note: Links removed***

Digg!
Add to Technorati Favorites Save to del.icio.us!

No comments: