Two weekends ago I visited Fresno for the first time in my life. Since I live in LA, this meant I had about a four hour drive in each direction. Though it may seem like an excessively long trip for one person to make, thanks to the right music it ended up being valuable alone time (especially the return trip for whatever reason). Here's what I listened to on the drives and throughout the weekend (basically a mini pop music primer) along with some sample tracks.
For the drives:
Dannii Minogue, Unleashed (2007)
Featured: Dannii Minogue, "Blame It On The Music" [zShare]
Natalie Imbruglia, Glorious: The Singles 97-07 (2007)
Featured: Natalie Imbruglia, "Big Mistake" [zShare]
Amy Winehouse, Back To Black (2007) [see tracks from other posts here]
Madonna, American Life (2003)
Featured: Madonna, "Intervention" [zShare]
The Cardigans, Gran Turismo (1998)
Moloko, Statues (2003)
Featured: Moloko, "Come On" [zShare]
Saint Etienne, Good Humor (1998) [see review here]
Kylie Minogue, Body Language (2004)
Featured: Kylie Minogue, "Obsession" [zShare]
Around town:
Róisín Murphy, Overpowered (2007) [see tracks from other posts here]
Garbage, Absolute Garbage [see tracks from other posts here]
For a random late-night dance party:
Nelly Furtado, Loose [see tracks from other posts here]
***Note: Links removed*** Save to del.icio.us!
Tuesday, January 8, 2008
Open Your Box 08: Long Drive Listening
Labels:
Open Your Box
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment