Friday, April 25, 2008

Tender Ballads 07

Picking up where the last "Tender Ballads" entry left off, here's another batch of songs for the brokenhearted. Shirley Manson sings her most tragic lyrics ever in the heart-wrenching ballad "Cup Of Coffee," telling the all-too-common story of love without reciprocation. Mariah Carey and Alicia Keys both mourn the possibility of losing someone with two of their biggest hits ("My All" and "If I Ain't Got You," respectively). Robbie Williams yearns for true love in the (slightly) more upbeat "Feel." Try referring back to some old club tracks if all these sad songs go too deep (I'll definitely be doing just that)!

Garbage, "Cup Of Coffee" [YSI] (from Beautifulgarbage)
Mariah Carey, "My All" [YSI] (from Greatest Hits)
Alicia Keys, "If I Ain't Got You" [YSI] (from The Diary of Alicia Keys)
Robbie Williams, "Feel" (Radio Edit) [YSI] (from Greatest Hits)

***Note: Links removed***

Digg!Add to Technorati Favorites Save to del.icio.us!

No comments: