Sometimes, when my imagination has nothing better to consider, I envision that my life has an ongoing soundtrack playing in the background. Walking through campus is a lot less monotonous when your thoughts come complete with a well-selected accompaniment! Here are a few chilled out tracks that could easily fit into the soundtrack of anyone's life. Perhaps because it was used so well in Wes Anderson's The Darjeeling Limited, "Where Do You Go To (My Lovely)" by Peter Sarstedt could easily play during a particularly contemplative moment. Moloko's "Absent Minded Friends" seems made to complement a classy party with shady undertones. Coldplay's little-heard b-side "Crests Of Waves" would perfectly fit a moment of triumph or a relaxing drive. "Electrical Storm" by U2 would be great towards the ending of a film in a climactic moment, followed by Groove Armada's sweeping "At The River" playing over the credits. If only actual music directors had such good taste!
Peter Sarstedt, "Where Do You Go To (My Lovely)" [YSI] (from the soundtrack album The Darjeeling Limited)
Moloko, "Absent Minded Friends" [YSI] (from the album Things To Make And Do)
Coldplay, "Crests Of Waves" [YSI] (from the Clocks single)
U2, "Electrical Storm" (William Orbit Mix) [YSI] (from the compilation The Best Of 1990-2000)
Groove Armada, "At The River" [YSI] (from the compilation The Best Of)
***Note: Links removed*** Save to del.icio.us!
Friday, February 8, 2008
Serve Chilled 07: Soundtracking
Labels:
Serve Chilled
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
If only everyone had such good taste as you. I accidentally stumbled on your blog and boy, am I glad I did! I will be returning in the future - I'm favouriting it.
Post a Comment