Friday, February 1, 2008

Tender Ballads 02

I know I promised some Mariah Carey and Alicia Keys in the second installment of the "Tender Ballads" series, but instead I decided to hold off on that and just post some tracks that fit my current mood a bit better. The theme of the day is bitterness, disappointment and regret (apologies to all the optimists out there, this is not your day!), so here are some fitting tracks for that. These are among the saddest songs I've ever heard, so enjoy (maybe?). Róisín Murphy hits close to home with "The Closing Of The Doors," so this one's dedicated to anyone out there who hasn't had a crush returned and sees the doors of possibility close. In the same vein of dashed hopes, The Zombies consider how to express emotion with the haunting "The Way I Feel Inside," while Cat Power's every word drips with sadness in "The Greatest." Last, The Smashing Pumpkins live up to their Mellon Collie album title with the delicate "Thirty-Three."

Róisín Murphy, "The Closing Of The Doors" [YSI] (from the album Ruby Blue)
The Zombies, "The Way I Feel Inside" [YSI] (from the soundtrack album The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou)
Cat Power, "The Greatest" [YSI] (from the album The Greatest)
The Smashing Pumpkins, "Thirty-Three" [YSI] (from the album Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness)

***Note: Links removed***

Digg!Add to Technorati Favorites Save to del.icio.us!

No comments: