
Whether by a lapse of judgment or a moment of charitable sentiment, I've agreed to be auctioned off in a Valentine's Day date auction to benefit charity. Although the event is tonight, I still haven't decided how I really feel about the "date-for-sale" concept on the whole. Regardless, I'll be on the block, so if you happen to be in Berkeley, definitely stop by (it's at 7:30 in Naia Lounge). As with any event or mood, there's a playlist to accompany the occasion. Ella Fitzgerald's take on Cole Porter standard "Love For Sale" is a standout of her songbook projects. The Cardigans' vocalist Nina Persson addresses the issue in "I Can Buy You" (under her solo moniker of A Camp). Last, some throwback J. Lo with the obvious "Love Don't Cost A Thing." Any takers?
Ella Fitzgerald, "Love For Sale" [YSI] (from the compilation The Best of the Song Books)
A Camp, "I Can Buy You" [YSI] (from the album A Camp)
Jennifer Lopez, "Love Don't Cost A Thing" [YSI] (from the album J. Lo)
***Note: Links removed***
Save to del.icio.us!
1 comment:
Good post.
Post a Comment