Sunday, November 25, 2007

Hits 04: Let's Dance

Craig David, "Hot Stuff (Let's Dance)"

While British singer Craig David is certainly no David Bowie, his new single "Hot Stuff (Let's Dance)" uses a pretty slick sample/rework of Bowie's seminal 80s classic "Let's Dance." It has its own merits as a fun, retro R&B number that doesn't destroy the original track, but you might end up going back to Bowie's hit after a few listens.

Craig David, "Hot Stuff (Let's Dance)" (from the album Trust Me)

Take That, "Shine"

Although it isn't exactly a new song, I just recently discovered Take That's great single "Shine." It hit number 1 in the UK way back at the beginning of the year while the reformed boy band were riding high on the success of their reunion. I never got swept up in the hype as I was never familiar with band in the first place (I always preferred ex-bandmate Robbie Williams), but I'm glad I finally got around to listening to this great pop number. The video's a lot of fun too.

Take That, "Shine" (from the album Beautiful World)

***Note: Links removed***

Add to Technorati Favorites Save to del.icio.us! | digg story

No comments: