Thursday, June 12, 2008

Mixtape 06: A Birthday Tribute, Part I

One of my favorite people (no, not Beyoncé) turns a lucky 20 today, and to celebrate I've put together a big mixtape. I tried to keep it to 20 tracks, but it just wasn't meant to be, so instead I've compiled two hour-long mixes. The first is a more upbeat set, while the second (to be posted tomorrow) features mostly ballads and downtempo selections. All the songs in some way relate back to my fabulous, glamorous best friend. Some songs featured in this mix are tracks we loved and enjoyed together (like Miss Kittin's tale of excess, "Frank Sinatra") and others we danced to in ridiculous settings (like Beyoncé's extended dance-routine version of "Get Me Bodied"). Some are included because they fit in with the other essentials (Felix Da Housecat's "Silver Screen Shower Scene"), while the best of the bunch are fitting soundtracks to our lives (Fergie's amped-up "Glamorous" bootleg mix) and friendship (such as the Saint Etienne, David Bowie and Prince classics). Of course, I'm not sure if my technologically-challenged friend will see this today or in the near future, but regardless we can all celebrate her 20th birthday in true style. As I'm sure she will be doing, let's all make a toast and go crazy tonight in tribute to an entirely unique personality (with some great music playing, as always!).

The Sequins Mix, Part I:
1. Kylie Minogue, "Boombox"/"Can't Get You Out Of My Head" (Ellectrika's Mix) [YSI]***
2. Felix Da Housecat, "Silver Screen Shower Scene" [YSI] (from Kittenz And Thee Glitz)
3. Basement Jaxx, "Get Me Off" (Peaches Remix) [YSI]
4. Miss Kittin & The Hacker, "Frank Sinatra" [YSI] (from First Album)
5. M.I.A., "Bucky Done Gun" [YSI] (from Arular)
6. Santogold, "L.E.S. Artistes" [YSI] (from Santogold)
7. David Bowie, "Changes" [YSI] (from Best of Bowie)
8. Saint Etienne, "Nothing Can Stop Us" [YSI] (from Travel Edition 1990-2005) [original post]
9. Madonna, "Human Nature" [YSI] (from Bedtime Stories)
10. Fergie Feat. Ludacris, "Glamorous" (Treasure Fingers Remix) [YSI]
11. Beyoncé, "Get Me Bodied" (Extended Mix) [YSI] (from B'Day [Deluxe Edition])
12. The Cardigans, "Lovefool" [YSI] (from First Band on the Moon) [original post]
13. Prince, "I Would Die 4 U" [YSI] (from The Very Best Of Prince)
14. MGMT, "Time to Pretend" [YSI] (from Oracular Spectacular)

***Check out Kylie fan and talented remixer Ellectrika's myspace page!

***Note: Links removed***

Digg!Add to Technorati Favorites Save to del.icio.us!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Kylie track is superb. I didn't think the two songs could get better, but that is amazing.

Unknown said...

I can't believe you posted the extended Get Me Bodied! I've been looking everywhere for it. You're my hero.

Ellectrika said...

Glad you all liked my Kylie 'Boombox / Can't Get You Out Of My Head - X2008 Tour Mix'!!

Elle xxxx