
Summer is a time for big, anthemic dance music and memorable, easily sung pop songs. These three picks don't really fit those criteria, but they are themes I've picked out for my summer. The b-side "Sexy Northerner" by Pet Shop Boys is an addictive club track in the vein of their
Nightlife album. Its chant line, "It's not all football and fags" is a fitting, if odd, message about categorizing people. Kylie Minogue's "Love Affair" provides a hopeful outlook for summer, with its simple dance hooks. Radiohead's haunting "House Of Cards" is arresting from the start, especially in the first four lines ("I don't want to be your friend / I just want to be your lover / No matter how it ends / No matter how it starts"). Don't worry, there will be some more
traditional summer jams in the very near future!
Pet Shop Boys, "Sexy Northerner" [YSI] (from Release [Limited Edition])
Kylie Minogue, "Love Affair" [YSI] (from Fever)
Radiohead, "House Of Cards" [YSI] (from In Rainbows)
***Note: Links removed***
Save to del.icio.us!
No comments:
Post a Comment