Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Some Not So Great News...

Well, irony has yet again proven its deep, committed affection for me. Yesterday, just as I was starting to upload songs for new posts (the Happy Birthday Kylie! one was the only one that got completed), my computer somehow downloaded a virus. Thus, for the immediate future, consider the blog's hiatus to be extended. I'm currently in a total panic trying to figure out how I can preserve my music while eradicating everything else on my hard drive. This will probably take at least a few days if not more, so hold tight and keep my still-young Dell (and the vast library it holds) in your thoughts! In the long term, something will have to be changed with the music uploads, since I strongly suspect zShare was somehow involved in the security breach. Please (other bloggers especially) email me tips (at probablyrustin@berkeley.edu) for music blogging and uploads so I can find safer alternatives! Until then, I'll be regretfully absent and stressed.

Digg!Add to Technorati Favorites Save to del.icio.us!

7 comments:

Guy Ruben said...

Yikes! Sorry to hear that honey, hopefully you've backed up your hard drive!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear. Good luck.

Anonymous said...

I wish your computer's okay, and see you in here again!

Anonymous said...

Mediafire has always been good for me.

Anonymous said...

I miss you.

Manuel Chavarría Quintana said...

oohh! es una lástima... me encanta tu blog... ojalá siga en funcionamiento!!

Saludos desde Chile!

(¿tú estudias en Berkeley?)

onephatcow said...

You might not need to do anything as drastic as formatting your computer. There are several programs you can try to clean up your computer - adaware, hijack this, spybot search and destroy...

I think the other thing you could do is use Kaspersky Internet Security or Kaspersky anti-virus instead of your current programme. Highly recommend Kaspersky as it's lightweight (doesn't suck up all your system resources like the other programs do) and is very effective.

Good luck!