Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Hits 26/Mixed & Mashed 20: More Big Hits & Big Beats

And here comes another (likely brief) flood! Since it's been a while, I've got a pretty enormous round-up of new tracks and remixes to post. Instead of spreading it out, I thought I'd just get it all out at once! It's a mix of recent classics, fresh remixes and stuff I've just randomly discovered. There's a lot to get through, so I won't give a full rundown of all the tracks like usual. The standouts of the mixes are the new Basement Jaxx remix of Adele and Bimbo Jones' rework of Alphabeat's latest, along with LA Riots' club remix of Hot Chip. Madonna sees a handful of great remix action in the awesome "rebirth" mix of "4 Minutes," an extremely catchy mash-up of "Music" with Fedde Le Grand's "Put Your Hands Up 4 Detroit" and another new bootleg "4 Minutes" mash-up with Fatboy Slim's "Praise You."

Mixes:
Adele, "Cold Shoulder" (Basement Jaxx Classic Remix Edit) [YSI]
Alphabeat, "10000 Nights" (Bimbo Jones Remix) [YSI]
Fergie, "Fergalicious" (MSTRKRFT Remix) [YSI]
Groove Armada, "Love Sweet Sound" (Mark Knight & Funkagenda's R.H.B. Mix) [YSI]
Hot Chip, "Ready For The Floor" (LA Riots vs. Villains Remix) [YSI]
Kylie Minogue, "In My Arms" (Death Metal Disco Scene Mix) [YSI]
Lykke Li, "I'm Good, I'm Gone" (Fred Falke Vocal Mix) [YSI]
Madonna, "4 Minutes" (Rebirth Remix) [YSI]
MGMT, "Time To Pretend" (Tronik Youth Shr-Edit Remix) [YSI]
Moby, "Disco Lies" (Spencer And Hill Remix) [YSI]
N.E.R.D., "Rockstar" (Jason Nevins Club Edit) [YSI]
Robyn, "Who's That Girl?" (Seamus Haji Radio Edit) [YSI]

Mash-ups:
Madonna, "Music" (Fedde Le Grand Mix) [YSI]
Madonna Vs. Fatboy Slim, "Praise 4 Minutes" (XAM Remix) [YSI]
Marvin Gaye, "I Heard It Through The Grapevine" (Freemasons Mix) [YSI]

***Note: Links removed***

Digg!Add to Technorati Favorites Save to del.icio.us!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

tuuuunes Sir! Nice finds, good choices & rarities...

Anonymous said...

The Fergie remix is actually a mush-up by DJ Tripp

Guy Ruben said...

Don't know what angel sent u the Music/Fedde Le grand mix but THANK YOU!!

Anonymous said...

the fedde le grande of music by madonna... as good as the origial is that she is touring with... whoever made the version posted here is frankly crap, some of its even out of time/off beat... amateur production at its best... appauling