Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Open Your Box 06: Amoeba Rounds

I recently made a long-overdue trip to Amoeba Music with a friend to browse for some new music (just like the good old days!). It was my lucky day, as I was able to find three of the albums I was looking for, and all for only about $5 each!!! Two of them are completely new artists for me, jazzy pop singer Katie Melua and retro-rock revivalists The Raveonettes (pictured left), though I didn't grab their latest albums. Both of those discs are only available as ridiculously-priced imports, with US releases forthcoming. The third find was old favorite The Thrills, who also had a new album out (Teenager) that I had to pass over (it wasn't on sale) in favor of their sophomore record, Let's Bottle Bohemia. The friend who accompanied me wasn't as lucky, and didn't find the album by The Notwist he was searching for. According to Wikipedia, their sound has been favorably compared to Radiohead's Amnesiac (my favorite of theirs), so I decided to investigate and post one of their better-known tunes alongside the other Amoeba finds. Enjoy!

The Raveonettes, "That Great Love Sound" (from the album Chain Gang Of Love)
The Thrills, "Not For All The Love In The World" (from the album Let's Bottle Bohemia)
Katie Melua, "Call Off The Search" (from the album Call Off The Search)

Bonus:
The Notwist, "Consequence" (from the album Neon Golden)

***Note: Links removed***

Add to Technorati Favorites Save to del.icio.us! | digg story

No comments: