Saturday, August 23, 2008

Open Your Box 21: Grace Jones

Her name has been gone from the music scene for quite some time, but this year Grace Jones is back with as much attitude as ever. Her first album since 1989, Hurricane is due out internationally at the end of October. It's preceded by the avant-garde new single "Corporate Cannibal," a haunting track (without much melody) matched by an equally strange and frightening video. Her unique stance has always been her trademark, ever since way back in her Studio 54 heyday, and shows no signs of letting up. Catch up on some of her biggest hits, including the majestic "La Vie En Rose" and the pulsing "Sex Drive," along with a classic Danny Tenaglia mix of "Feel Up" for some background listening.

Grace Jones, "Corporate Cannibal" (from the forthcoming Hurricane)


Downloads:
Grace Jones, "La Vie En Rose" [YSI] (from Island Life)
Grace Jones, "Sex Drive" [YSI]
Grace Jones, "Feel Up" (Danny Tenaglia Mix) [YSI]
Grace Jones, "Corporate Cannibal" [YSI] (from the forthcoming Hurricane)

***Note: Links removed***

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! I've been waiting for news of the album release to come out. I love her music and style even though I would never have been able to see her perform them in their hayday.

AntBee said...

Yea! Here's Grace! I love her!
I just discovered your blog, and feel like I've fallen into a gold mine. You have great and informative reviews of the music you post, and a tremendous respect for the artists as well. Thanks so much!