Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Hits 36/Mixed & Mashed 26

As I get settled in back at Berkeley, I'm starting to take advantage of my (working!) wireless connection and downloading tons of mixes. Today's post features a huge 14 tracks sorted into different subsets. The current releases include a great new club mix of Santogold's second full single "Lights Out" and nice dance updates of M83 and Solange. More impressive are the remixes of upcoming singles, including a cool retro remix of Sugababes' brand new track "Girls" and an extended version of the awesome "Dusk Til' Dawn" by Ladyhawke. In the bootleg selection, there are roaring club takes on Goldfrapp's "Caravan Girl" and a hard-hitting Vandalism remix of Ce Ce Peniston's classic "Finally." Adding electronic beats and a sense of space benefit both MGMT and Vampire Weekend on unofficial remixes of "Electric Feel" and "Oxford Comma," respectively. Of course, I saved the mash-ups until the very end. There's a very cool mix of Katy Perry's ubiquitous "I Kissed A Girl" with Madonna's "Give It 2 Me" (utilizing both the album mix and Paul Oakenfold versions). Sophie Ellis-Bextor's "Get Over You" gets another great mash-up, this time with an old Mint Royale track (in remixed form).

Current Releases:
Sam Sparro, "21st Century Life" (Mac Project Mix Main) [YSI]
Yelle, "Je Veux Te Voir" (Club-Club Version) [YSI]
Annie, "I Know Ur Girlfriend Hates Me" (Feel The Moog Remix) [YSI]
Solange, "I Decided" (Moto Blanco Radio Mix) [YSI]
M83, "Kim & Jessie" (DatA Remix) [YSI]
Santogold, "Lights Out" (Tepr Club Remix) [YSI]

Upcoming Singles:
Sugababes, "Girls" (Fred Falke Radio Edit) [YSI]
Ladyhawke, "Dusk Til' Dawn" (Linus Loves Remix) [YSI]

Bootleg Mixes:
Goldfrapp, "Caravan Girl" (Dead Soul Brothers Dead Soul Disco Mix) [YSI]
Ce Ce Peniston, "Finally" (Vandalism Remix) [YSI]
MGMT, "Electric Feel" (Aeroplane Remix) [YSI]
Vampire Weekend, "Oxford Comma" (Burntpiano Edit) [YSI]

Mash-ups:
Katy Perry Vs. Madonna "I Kissed Madonna" (Prosac's Mash-up) [YSI]
Sophie Ellis-Bextor Vs. Mint Royale "Get Over Blue" (Prosac's Mash-up) [YSI]

***Note: Links removed***

Digg!Add to Technorati Favorites Save to del.icio.us!

No comments: