Saturday, August 23, 2008

Mixed & Mashed 25: Sophie & Ro Get Mashed

At long last, I'm back at home in Berkeley and done with summer. The year can finally start fresh, first with some hot mash-ups I've been listening to lately. This is the only Róisín Murphy mash-up I've heard so far (send more my way if you've got them), and it's pretty unique. Her classic third single "You Know Me Better" (my most-played song on iTunes) is laid over the frantic rock backing of Nine Inch Nails' "The Hand That Feeds" and it somehow works well. I've also included remixes of the original tracks for comparison purposes (including an unofficial but brilliant extended mix of Róisín's single). Next up is a totally different kind of mash-up, taking Sophie Ellis-Bextor's "Get Over You" and transforming it into a dance bomb by mashing it with The Buckethead's instantly recognizable "The Bomb." Sophie's chorus matches the tracks main sample perfectly, so big thumbs up to whoever discovered this great pairing.

Originals:
Nine Inch Nails, "The Hand That Feeds" (Disco Villains Remix) [YSI] (original on With Teeth)
Róisín Murphy, "You Know Me Better" (Extended Version) [YSI] (original on Overpowered)
Sophie Ellis-Bextor, "Get Over You" [YSI] (from Read My Lips)
The Bucketheads, "The Bomb" (Radio Edit) [see here]

Mash-ups:
Nine Inch Nails Vs. Róisín Murphy, "You Know The Hand That Feeds" [YSI]
Sophie Ellis-Bextor Vs. The Bucketheads, "Get Over The Bomb" [YSI]

***Note: Links removed***

Digg!Add to Technorati Favorites Save to del.icio.us!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your blog. The music mix is amazing and super inspiring. I have been on a Roisin kick lately and this is one of my favorite songs. All the best!