Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Preview: Two Pop Queens

As most of you have probably heard by now, a singer by the name of Madonna (she's unknown, I know) is coming out with an eagerly-anticipated new album next month. Her eleventh album Hard Candy, out April 29, features much-hyped collaborations with Timbaland, Pharrell Williams of the Neptunes, Nate "Danja" Hills and Justin Timberlake. Never one to miss a pop trend, Madonna has incorporated the innovative hip-hop beats of her new collaborators into her trademark pop sound, as evidenced on the propulsive first single "4 Minutes," a duet with Justin Timberlake. While some may accuse her of bandwagon jumping, the snippets of the record that I've heard so far are extremely promising (see the links below), proving that despite her veteran status, Madonna remains ahead of the pop curve. I'm already counting down to Hard Candy's release!

Single Stream: Madonna, "4 Minutes" [WMA | Quicktime]
Album Preview: Madonna, "Miles Away" [YouTube]
Buy Single: Madonna, "4 Minutes" [iTunes | 7digital]
Pre-Order Album:
Madonna, Hard Candy [iTunes | iTunes deluxe | Amazon]

Though it was released months ago internationally, Kylie Minogue's X is finally set for a US release on April 1st. For the hardcore fans (like me) who already bought it, there's a bonus track being added - a new version of "All I See" featuring a rap by Mims. As much as I love Kylie, I already shelled out over $20 for the import edition, so I'll probably pass on the domestic version, but for those of you who don't already have a copy, it will be an essential purchase. From now through March 27, the entire album is available to stream on Kylie's Myspace page, so if you're unsure (and you shouldn't be after reading this blog!) head over and check out the awesome new record. For those with televisions, she'll be performing on Ellen, The Today Show and Dancing with the Stars over the course of the next two weeks, so keep an eye (and a TiVo) out for Kylie!

Full Album Stream: Kylie Minogue, X
Single Stream: Kylie Minogue, "All I See" (Featuring Mims)
Pre-Order Album: Kylie Minogue, X (US Edition)

Digg!Add to Technorati Favorites Save to del.icio.us!

1 comment:

saab said...

I'm waiting this album since a long time and I appreciate 4 minutes, it's a good single. The Album of Kylis is a bomb : I adore Like A Drug, Rippin' Up The Disco, In my Arms and The One