Since I won't really have a chance to do a full post until after my midterms, here's a preview of what I have in store. The past two weeks have been all about Pizzicato Five, a quirky Japanese boy-girl duo with a sound akin to Saint Etienne, bossa nova, James Bond scores, The Cardigans (circa Life) and pretty much everything that is good about pop music. An extremely prolific group, their many albums, EPs and compilations span a wide range of genres that is hard to pinpoint and even harder not to love. Before I launch into a review of some of their works, here's a taster. Taken from the Playboy & Playgirl record, "Such A Beautiful Girl Like You" is an instant singalong favorite (despite its foreign language). Check out the video below and look for the download (and others) in the upcoming P5 feature.Wednesday, March 19, 2008
Preview: Beautiful Pizzicato Five
Since I won't really have a chance to do a full post until after my midterms, here's a preview of what I have in store. The past two weeks have been all about Pizzicato Five, a quirky Japanese boy-girl duo with a sound akin to Saint Etienne, bossa nova, James Bond scores, The Cardigans (circa Life) and pretty much everything that is good about pop music. An extremely prolific group, their many albums, EPs and compilations span a wide range of genres that is hard to pinpoint and even harder not to love. Before I launch into a review of some of their works, here's a taster. Taken from the Playboy & Playgirl record, "Such A Beautiful Girl Like You" is an instant singalong favorite (despite its foreign language). Check out the video below and look for the download (and others) in the upcoming P5 feature.
Labels:
Reviews and Previews
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment