Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Attention: To All The Haters

I know, it's been way too long. In my defense, I've been away from Berkeley for so long that it's taking some time for me to get back into the groove of things. Plus, I had a lot of partying to make up for, and the internet has been undependable for the past two weeks at the co-op. I'm also caught in the weird dilemma of buying and downloading music at a much faster rate than I can hope to listen to it all, leaving me a bit deadlocked when it comes to blog posts. Anyway, a few nights ago, while trying to enjoy a party in the company of friends, I was pleasantly surprised when someone I didn’t know all that well mentioned reading my blog. My mood quickly soured when he proceeded to insult Different Is Dangerous (completely unprovoked), complaining that I don’t post often enough and that I repost a lot of tracks first found on other blogs. I’m always open to suggestions and constructive criticism, but his comments were completely uncalled for and rattled me a bit. When I called him on it and tried defending my site, as any blogger would, I was promptly kicked out of the party. My detractor apologized the next night, so all was forgiven quickly. However, I still wanted to make a point to anyone out there that has a problem with my blog. I’ve made it pretty clear for the entirety of this blog’s existence that I do this casually, for my friends and like-minded listeners who don’t visit blogs all the time but know what they like and could use a music update once in a while. I’m not writing this blog with any intentions of being the first to post a track, or the first to break an artist or anything. I post songs that interest me when I feel like it and however I feel like doing it. If you can’t handle that, then by all means please stop reading this site and don’t waste my time with your disrespect. As always, here are two songs fitting for the occasion. First is "She's Not Me," from Madonna's new album Hard Candy, a funky and very appropriate call to arms for the independent minds out there. Second is Garbage's classic rocker "Shut Your Mouth," so take a hint haters!

Madonna, "She's Not Me" [YSI] (from Hard Candy)
Garbage, "Shut Your Mouth" [YSI] (from Absolute Garbage)

***Note: Links removed***

Digg!Add to Technorati Favorites Save to del.icio.us!

No comments: