Sunday, July 13, 2008

Tender Ballads 11

I have to admit that I've been neglecting my ballads playlist for a few weeks now. Of course, it is bright, hot and sunny all day every day in Los Angeles, but that's no excuse! Here's the eleventh (!) installment of tender tracks. The one tracks I wanted to post for sure was Imogen Heap's "Hide And Seek," a haunting near-elegy that has served as soundtrack to many dramatic scenes. Next up is No Doubt's "Magic's In The Makeup," an ages-old album track also about hiding behind a superficial mask. Kylie Minogue has never been a master of balladry, but her discography has some great slower moments scattered throughout, like the sweeping "Cosmic" from her latest record. To wrap up, I've picked out two super-tender old school favorites that everyone should know, George Michael's "Father Figure" and Cyndi Lauper's "Time After Time."

Imogen Heap, "Hide And Seek" [YSI] (from Music From The O.C.: Mix 5)
No Doubt, "Magic's In The Makeup" [YSI] (from Return Of Saturn)
Kylie Minogue, "Cosmic" [YSI] (from X)
George Michael, "Father Figure" [YSI] (from Ladies & Gentlemen: The Best Of)
Cyndi Lauper, "Time After Time" [YSI] (from She's So Unusual)

***Note: Links removed***

Digg!Add to Technorati Favorites Save to del.icio.us!

No comments: