Thursday, July 24, 2008

Mixed & Mashed 24: Remixed Indie

Despite my best efforts, I haven't been having much success with the internet lately. I can't upload songs from home, and Starbucks (where I usually blog) has been having some wireless issues over the past week. Luckily, I worked today, so I can finally post these mixes I've had kicking around on my iTunes playlists! Rounding up some more indies, I've got a bunch of great mixes, some new and some a bit older. Moby's latest single "I Love To Move In Here" gets a killer bassline courtesy of Crookers, turning the low-fi piano house song into a bumping beat fest. Cut Copy really hit the nail on the head with "Hearts On Fire," so mixing wasn't really needed to improve on its pop genius, but Calvin Harris turns in one of his best with his new take on it. Also pretty new is Justice's remix of MGMT's summer singalong "Electric Feel," creating a unique, and (unsurprisingly) amazing hybrid of their distinctive sounds. Mylo's old album track "Paris Four Hundred" is just now getting the remix treatment, a few years after his album's promotional cycle ended, with a glitchy extended version from Etienne De Crecy being the pick of the three new mixes. Vampire Weekend, with perhaps my favorite new album of the year, are still being played in heavy rotation, and while the "insane mix" of "Walcott" isn't up to the standard of the album, it is a decent reworking of one of their debut record's standouts. The Knife and Ratatat are both pretty out there in terms of sheer weirdness, so the old Ratatat remix of "We Share Our Mother's Health" is by nature a strange proposition worth hearing. To wrap up, I've included two recent Diplo remixes, of my other new fave Santogold's low-key album track "Starstruck" and The Black Ghosts' deadly catchy "Repetition Kills You." Fingers crossed for online success so posts won't start getting erratic!

Moby, "I Love To Move In Here" (Crookers Bass In Here Remix) [YSI]
Cut Copy, "Hearts On Fire" (Calvin Harris Remix) [YSI]
MGMT, "Electric Feel" (Justice Remix) [YSI]
Mylo, "Paris Four Hundred" (Etienne De Crecy Remix) [YSI]
Vampire Weekend, “Walcott” (Insane Mix) [YSI]
The Knife, "We Share Our Mother's Health" (Ratatat Remix) [YSI]
Santogold, "Starstruck" (Diplo Remix) [YSI]
The Black Ghosts, "Repetition Kills You" (Diplo Remix) [YSI]

***Note: Links removed***

Digg!Add to Technorati Favorites Save to del.icio.us!

1 comment:

iskream social said...

I made a remix to i love to move in here. Its about 1:15 minutes into the song song in my SEPtember Mixtape. You can listen to it on my sound cloud www.soundcloud.com/iskreamsocial (where you find the link to post the mp3 to post it on your blog) check it owt!